Burnout. Is there a stigma around sharing that you’re overworked, exhausted, stressed out, and can’t handle the pressures you face on a daily basis? And is it different whether you’re a man or a woman?
In this episode we’ll explore these questions by diving into an article a friend shared with Kate earlier this year titled, Is burnout finally 'high-profile' enough for leaders to act?
Points Discussed in this Episode
- Applauding Jacinda Ardern for her confidence in speaking out about “...no longer [having] enough ‘in the tank’ to do her job justice.”
- Will having someone this high profile speak up on the topic help remove the stigma around burnout?
- Whether this instance - along with others - is decreasing the public’s confidence in women's ability to be great leaders
- How should the topic of burnout be handled in the workplace?
- Our own personal experiences with burnout
- Our go-to resources when we’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed
Mentioned in this episode:
WomensMeditationNetwork.com: This month Katie Krimitsos celebrates 100 Million Downloads for her podcast network!
Past NKCR episodes on related topics:
Thank you so much for joining us for this episode where we share our own experiences answering the question: How do we make burnout a topic we can openly discuss?
Don’t forget to follow or subscribe to Nicole & Kate Can Relate for more episodes like this one!
Our mission with this podcast is to share a candid convo one time per week to help provide love, support, and space for women to share without judgment, speak without hesitation, and learn from each other - even when we don’t agree.